I love to bake and from time to time I like to try something new. Today I decided that I wanted to make ginger bread latte cupcakes since I wanted something a bit festive. So I found a recipe for a ginger bread latte and tried to turn it into a cake!
This recipe required a lot of guessing to be honest since I kind of made it along the way. A few weeks ago I bought a Christmas tree cupcake mold that I had been meaning to try so I decided to put it to the test today.
For the batter:
Vanilla cake mix
3 teaspoons Golden syrup
2 shots of coffee
1 heaped teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
a splash of milk
White melting Chocolate
1. Preheat the oven at 180℃.
2. Follow the directions on box of the cake mix. You can also opt to make a simple vanilla batter from scratch. Once the batter is done set it aside.
3. In another bowl mix the coffee, syrup, ginger, cinnamon and milk together.
4. Gradually add the syrup to the cake mix, mixing every time you add more. You don't have to use all of it as this depends on how strong you want the taste to be.
5. Carefully fill in all the cupcake cases with the batter. Tap the dish gently so any trapped bubbles will rise to the surface. Place the dish in the oven for around 20 minutes.
6. Your cupcakes will be done once upon inserting a knife it will come out clean. Take out the cupcakes and leave them to cool.
7. Melt the chocolate while waiting for the cupcakes to cool.
8. Once they are cool enough transfer them onto a plate. You can decorate however you want. Since I did not find any green food colouring, I decided to just drip the white chocolate from the top and to add a few sprinkles to finish. You can also use Nutella or decorate them using a piping bag.
I hope that you will enjoy this recipe and try them out as I love how they turned out.
What are your favourite festive cupcakes?